Job DescriptionLooking to kick-start a career in digital marketing? EPC UK PLC are market leaders in the field of explosives, drilling and blasting & are looking to add an apprentice to the team. You will support the marketing & communications teams in a variety of ways including writing copy, maintaining social media channels & providing analysis on digital pl
EPC UK PLC are looking to recruit a creative and passionate Digital Marketing Assistant to join their team.
Based primarily in Alfreton, the role will be to support the Marketing and Communications teams though a variety of methods.
Typical roles and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Works under the direction of Marketing / Communications to help reach the company’s marketing goals and objectives
• Research market trends, demographics, pricing strategies, and other relevant information that helps develop marketing plans
• Analyses surveys, polls, and other market research to look for patterns and trends
• Creates graphs, reports, and detailed data analysis using computer software
• Delivers reports on research findings through written documents and verbal presentations
• Assists in creating promotional materials, including brochures, blogs, marketing copy, etc.
• Provides fact-checking, copy-editing, and formatting assistance during the creation of mailers, coupons, website content, and other promotional materials
• Helps maintain social media accounts for brands, products, or services
• Enters marketing data into spreadsheets and helps to create data and financial reports for marketing managers and directors
• Helps maintain excellent client relationships through superior customer service skills
• Places calls to or visits clients as needed to provide marketing materials, deliver sales pitches, or answer client questions
• Organises and plans the production of all major marketing materials by working closely with printers, sponsors, and other involved parties
• Helps to plan promotional events hosted by the company’s marketing department
• Keeps client information confidential
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
- • Effective communication skills – face to face and over telephone
- • IT literate - a good understanding/ interest in web marketing.
- • Excellent literacy skills - excellent grammar etc.
- • Strong organisational / administrative skills.
- • Able to create Excel spreadsheet documents and use MS Word
- • Knowledge of Abode Suite an advantage
- • Genuine interest in social media/ marketing
- • Energetic
- • Self-motivated
- • Creative
- • Team player & not afraid to get stuck in
Future ProspectsExcellent permanent prospects and progression on to Level 4 qualification.
The apprenticeship includes:
• BCS Level 3 Diploma in Digital Marketing
o BCS Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Coding
o BCS Level 3 Certificate in Marketing Principles
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend your local 3aaa academy in Derby for around 20 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a four day synoptic assessment at the end of your course (approx. month 14)
• Your dedicated mentor will visit you in the workplace approximately every 8 weeks
• Online support for modules will be provided for you to complete outside of work
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.