Job DescriptionYou will work closely with the marketing manager, who in turn works closely with the sales team (who are heavily involved in the marketing activities of the business). During your apprenticeship, you will be required to ‘shadow’ the marketing manager and a sales member for a month to help you understand the variety of tasks.
As a Sales & Marketing Apprentice you will be expected to:
• Assist both the sales and marketing teams depending on where the need is greater.
• Provide support and assistance across various campaigns.
• Help with general project tasks; which may involve project management using various Marketing Communications platforms
• Assist in providing necessary market information and research other facts necessary to address briefs.
• Offer creative input and suggestions when required.
• Prepare material for clients, collating samples and visuals (etc.)
• Upload and update websites, including writing blogs/news posts (etc.).
• Handle a range of digital media and manage online content.
• Conduct social media related research and develop insight into your online audiences.
• Prepare mailshots to your company’s database of clients, with offers and new products (etc.)
• Manage data using in-house CRM system ensuring it’s accurate before any campaign.
• Be comfortable in all forms of communication such as telephone, email and face-to-face.
• Liaise with external agencies, such as print suppliers or newspapers and manage budget limits.
• Work alongside your team to implement various strategies campaigns – from idea and audience through to design, data search, implementation, delivery and follow-ups whilst keeping tight to deadlines and budget requirements.
• Helping to organise events and external exhibitions.
• Assist with general marketing admin – such as development of newsletters, in-house material, direct mailers and strategy planning.
• Develop your organisational skills, formulate a content calendar, manage timelines, budgets and report on issues / trends which would be relevant to our customers/prospects.
We will not expect you, as an apprentice, to understand the full spec of the above responsibilities just yet but as this is a ‘live’ working environment we do expect full commitment and a can-do attitude. ‘On the job’ training will be provided.
NB: We have several permanent positions available. At the end of the Apprenticeship period there is the opportunity of a full-time position being offered. If a permanent position is offered, then formal external training and examinations will be available
Working WeekNormal office hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday (exception Wednesday 8.30am start, Friday 5.00pm finish). Exceptions can occur from time to time. Statutory holidays plus 20 days leave per annum (exclusive of bank holidays where we are closed)
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • You will need to be well organised, with the ability to work well within a team.
- • You will have a keen interest in creative activities and marketing strategy.
- • You will need experience using the main social media platforms, as well as email and the web (using them commercially would be advantageous).
- • Digital organisational and design skills, including computerised file and folder or-ganisation and image editing would be advantageous.
- • You will have great organisational skills, including time keeping and workspace management
- • Your grammar skills will be excellent for writing blog posts and tweets (etc.)
- • You will have great verbal and written communication skills
- • To be able to cooperate effectively with other company departments, ensuring a mutual ‘work together’ approach is maintained.
- • Work well under pressure, to deadlines and budgets, but also have the ability to be open about any queries you have.
- • To confidently engage with the management team.
- • An outstanding attendance record, always punctual, smartly presented at all times, with a calm but confident persona when dealing with difficult situations/people.
- • This role is suitable for a keen, enthusiastic individual with a confident, creative and ‘ideas’ attitude.
- • You will be enthusiastic, reliable and flexible.
- • You will have great communication skills (verbally and written) and have the ability to talk to customers/prospects over the phone and face-to-face with a confident manner. You will also utilise these skills within the team.
- • A vibrant personality with a ‘can do’ attitude who is full of enthusiasm and ideas, helping to maintain a positive working atmosphere.
Future ProspectsProgression onto Level 4 Available or permanent role for the right candidate.
The apprenticeship will include:
• BCS L3 Digital Marketer Diploma.
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification.
• You will also be able to join the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) as an affiliate member and join the British Computing Society (BCS) as an associate member.
Training and Assessment:
• Throughout the apprenticeship, you will be required to attend your local academy for training sessions.
• You will attend a four-day synoptic assessment at the end of your course.
• Your dedicated mentor will visit you in the workplace approximately every 6-8 weeks.
• Online support for modules will be provided for you to complete outside of work.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.