Job DescriptionA fantastic apprenticeship opportunity and a chance to develop and gain excellent knowledge in IT. Working with a driven and dedicated team you will be involved in the delivery and deployment of control systems in commercial buildings and facilities around the UK.
Forest Rock are looking for a motivated person to join their team as an apprentice controls engineer. This will involve a mixture of IT, telecoms and engineering and along the line there may be an opportunity for some software development. You would be working as part of a team that deploys control systems in commercial buildings and facilities around the UK.
Some of your duties will include
• Providing support to customers and to other members of the team
• Travelling to customer sites around the UK as well as working from the central office
• You will contribute towards the future direction of the company by assisting in the design and development of new products.
• Advise on where control system upgrades would enhance equipment performance.
• Provide support and advice with control system specification and installation of new equipment and the modification of existing equipment
• Plan, design and specify improvements to existing processes in order to improve productivity and efficiency
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- Excellent communication skills
- Working as a team as well as independently
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of IT Systems and networks
- Customer Service Skills
- • Problem Solver
- • Motivated
- • Enthusiastic
- • Good working attitude
Future ProspectsFull time position or progression route onto Level 4 offered for the right candidate.
The qualification will consist of:
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms.
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence.
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable).
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a City and Guilds L3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals and a L3 Extended Diploma in ICT (Systems & Principles).