Job DescriptionA fantastic apprenticeship opportunity and a chance to develop and gain excellent knowledge in IT. Working with a driven and dedicated team you will be involved in the delivery and deployment of control systems in commercial buildings and facilities around the UK.
Forest Rock are looking for a motivated person to join their team as an apprentice controls engineer. This will involve a mixture of IT, telecoms and engineering and along the line there may be an opportunity for some software development. You would be working as part of a team that deploys control systems in commercial buildings and facilities around the UK.
Some of your duties will include
• Providing support to customers and to other members of the team
• Travelling to customer sites around the UK as well as working from the central office
• You will contribute towards the future direction of the company by assisting in the design and development of new products.
• Advise on where control system upgrades would enhance equipment performance.
• Provide support and advice with control system specification and installation of new equipment and the modification of existing equipment
• Plan, design and specify improvements to existing processes in order to improve productivity and efficiency
Working WeekMonday – Friday, 8am – 5pm, 37.4 hours although working times could change
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- Excellent communication skills
- Working as a team as well as independently
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of IT Systems and networks
- Customer Service Skills
- Problem Solver
- Good working attitude
Future ProspectsFull time position or progression route onto Level 4 offered for the right candidate.
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)