Job DescriptionThe Event & Sales Apprentice role will assist in the delivery of excellent client experiences while contributing to high levels of customer service. This opportunity offers an apprenticeship within a dynamic venue finding and event management agency based in the Midlands.
During your apprenticeship at AGM Event Solutions, your duties would include but are not limited to:
• Training on various systems, including our accommodation
• Taking and assisting with new enquiries
• Venue sourcing for conference and events
• Communicating and negotiating with suppliers
• Updating venues on dates provisionally holding for our clients
• Producing detailed lists/documents for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers)
• Researching and booking suitable venues or locations
• Coordinating suppliers, venues, caterers, and contractors
• Supporting planning room layouts and entertainment programmes
• Updating and management of events databases
• Coordinating delegate registrations
• Coordinating and organisation of client show round – attend where necessary
• Preparing delegate packs, badges and papers
• Assist with business marketing needs
• Assist with the management of social media sites
• Assist with management of monthly marketing newsletters to clients
• Assist with the management of websites and offers
• Managing the enquiry and booking system Gratis, chasing live enquiries and bookings and managing updates with suppliers.
• Assist with management of pre and post event checks and chasing invoices
• Post-event data entry (if required) including event feedback forms
• Research new sales leads and pass to support the Business Development Manager
• Accommodation travel bookings and diary management assist with accommodations bookings.
• Assist clients with any enquiries or problems they may have.
• Run and send monthly reporting on account and room night production from accommodation site and updating corporate travel bookers monthly.
• Assist Business development manager with new business, client contact and client meetings
• Answering the general office telephone, transferring calls and taking messages
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsMust hold 5 GCSEs (graded A* to C or 9 to 5) or equivalent including English/ Maths and have been a resident in the UK/EEA/EU for the last 3 years.
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer services
- Ability to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own and as part of the team
- Excellent administration and organisation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Problem-solving skills and diplomacy
- Ability to manage spreadsheets and databases
- A flexible and adaptable approach
- Positive, can do attitude
- Willingness to learn and progress
- Passion and Drive
Future ProspectsOpportunity to progress onto level 4 or permanent role for the right candidate.
Workshops that will be delivered include the following:
• Workshop 1: Business Knowledge & Understanding
• Workshop 2: Professional in the Workplace
• Workshop 3: Decision Making and Managing your Performance
• Workshop 4: Principles of Business
• Workshop 5: Business Systems and Processes
• Workshop 6: Project Management