Job DescriptionYou will join our growing support team, providing outsourced IT support services to a variety of clients. This is an extremely varied role for a customer facing, practical, proactive and dedicated individual. Applicants must be good communicators with the ability to work under pressure and on their own initiative.
The position is a challenging role for an apprentice to train as a field and helpdesk support engineer. Applicants will need to install, configure, fault find Windows based equipment, active equipment, networks and a wide range of products, hardware and software.
Successful candidates will possess a drive to learn, be practical and prepared to help out with many tasks from setting up equipment and software, connecting and physically installing equipment at our customer’s sites to helping run new cables to connect kit to supporting clients remotely via our helpdesk.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Remote and telephone support for clients
• Supporting Microsoft infrastructure
• Windows XP, 7, 8, 10 knowledge
• Microsoft Office knowledge
Personal Qualities• Full clean driving license
• Excellent telephone manner
• Good interpersonal skills
• Customer facing skills
• Flexible, motivated and a practical Team player
Future ProspectsPotential for a permanent role or level 4 progression opportunity for the right candidate.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Networking and Architecture Principles (Knowledge Module 1)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Mobile and Operating Systems (Knowledge Module 2)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Cloud Services (Knowledge Module 3)
• MTA in Software Development Fundamentals or HTML5 App Development Fundamentals (Knowledge Module 4)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Processes (Knowledge Module 5)