Job DescriptionBellevue Place Education Trust would like to offer an outstanding opportunity to an aspiring accountancy and finance student. They will provide support and guidance in partnership to the training received through 3aaa! If you are looking for a role to offer variety and a great learning platform then apply now!!
- To be responsible for the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that the Trust finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner. Co-ordinating and completing administrative routines relating to orders, invoices, payments, income and the receipt of goods and services where appropriate. To enforce the Trust credit management policy, thereby maximising cash balances
- Assisting the Head of Finance with all aspects of the development and effective operation of the finance function of the School and the Trust.
- Assisting the Head of Finance with operating and monitoring School and Trust accounts and budgets
- To manage and be responsible for processing of all income (cheques, cash, BACS and ParentPay), and the reconciliation of transactions and cash collection
- To arrange for the collection and checking of all money into the School and Trust finance office and ensure that money reconciles with the income forms, registers etc…
- Overseeing and ensuring statements are checked and copy of invoices requested when needed
- To manage and raise cheques / payments following required authorisation having been gained and ensuring cheques are signed by relevant signatories , having regard to levels of delegation approved by the Board of Directors
- To manage the School and Trust charge card transactions, assistance to staff using the charge card
- To maintain and update information held on School and Trust databases in particular those relating to finance including recording expenditure and income, accessing and producing reports for budget holders, archive files and historical data
- To be responsible for the investigating and resolving queries by liaising with suppliers, contractors, other schools and organisations
- To assist in ensuring accurate VAT accounting is adhered to and process journal entries
- To maintain listing of accounts payable and to assist in the establishment of a list of approved contractors and suppliers to ensure best value
- To provide assistance to individual budget holders with regards to finance issues e.g. money they are accountable for and to support budget holders in raising manual purchase orders accurately and ensure value for money in proposed spending
- To monitor budgets and provide financial information reports from the finance system for budget holders and give advice as requested, bringing any anomalies to the attention of the Head of Finance
- Developing an understanding of School and Trust policies and procedures, complying with their contents and raising concerns in a timely manner
- To assist the Head of Finance in the co-ordination of the annual audit by maintaining both manual and computerised records and filing systems in line with audit requirements.
- To manage and be responsible for issuing invoices for all contracted services in an accurate and timely manner
- To ensure control is exercised over debtors and collect outstanding debt
- Resolution of all queries in relation to invoices so as to ensure that there is no debt aged greater than 3 months
- To ensure that all sales ledger transactions are processed in accordance with the accounting timetable and to carry out the month end accounting procedures to close the ledger and compile debtors reports
- To reconcile accounts and resolve all queries in respect of sales ledger transactions
- To be responsible for all After school club, breakfast club, after school care, and school meal accounts, chasing debt as necessary.
- To reconcile payments received through ParentPay with the transactions provided by schools for their activities.
- To use finance and support computer software as necessary, updating records.
- To support with receiving goods and reconciling orders
- To attend training sessions as required
- To provide cover for other office staff as directed
- To support the safeguarding of students and staff
- To support the School and Trust’s distinctive vision and ethos
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and the Finance Assistant will be required to undertake any other duties Commensurate with the general level of responsibility of the post, which will be determined by the Trust Board
Working Week08.30 to 16.30 Monday to Thursday and Friday 08.30 to 16.00
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Computer literate
• Good communication skills
Personal Qualities• Strong determination skills
• Positive attitude
• Enthusiastic to learn
Future ProspectsProgression to a Level 4
You will work to achieve the highly recognised AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) qualification and receive MAAT (Member of Association of Accounting Technicians) status.
You will be learning about all aspects of Accounting and learning new skills related to how businesses work. On the Apprenticeship there will be a good mixture of hands-on practical work and written work.