Job DescriptionDo you have an interest in technology and have a desire to learn new skills in a fast-paced, rewarding environment? We have an exciting opportunity as an Apprentice First Line Support Engineer to work as part of a small team in a busy but fun office environment.
|Working as part of the technical team within Bristec your duties would include but are not limited to:
· installing and configuring Software onto new appliances and applications;
· talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues;
· troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving any software faults;
· providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
· following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
· supporting the roll-out of new applications;
· working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
· prioritising and managing open cases at one time;
· rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals.
· Support staff by attending visits with clients and customers
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Previous Technical Experience desirable.
- Knowledge and Experience in IT
- Understanding of Software
- Previous customer service experience.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Can work well under pressure
- Excellent Telephone manner
Future ProspectsProgression onto Level 4 programme upon successful completion of Level 3.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)