Job DescriptionWe are looking to hire an apprentice to work in our offices Monday to Friday 8:30-5:30 providing 1st line technical support to our business customers across the region and further afield.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a passion for IT
- Familiar with Linux operating systems
- be focussed and driven
- be well presented and organised
- and will retain knowledge well
The applicant will need a very good telephone manner as they will be the first point of contact for our clients. The applicant will be answering support calls and resolving user problems on their own wherever possible and asking relevant diagnostic questions and logging tickets and escalating calls where appropriate.
We will provide a professional and friendly environment with an atmosphere where learning and personal development is encouraged. The right applicant will grow with the business and will bring new ideas and suggestions with them, improving our existing procedures and customer service.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm 37.5 hrs pw
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• We are looking for an intuitive and focused individual, with great communication skills.
• Good IT knowledge would be beneficial however not critical
• Great ability to pick up new information and desire to learn
• Good telephone manner
Personal Qualities• Good team player
• Able to take ownership of their tasks
Future ProspectsA full time position will be offered to the right candidate. Subject to review after the apprentice period has finished.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)