Job DescriptionA developer is required to help develop browser based games and unity based games that will work on multiple devices in particular mobile devices i.e. smart phones and tablet computers running iOS and Android.
|A developer is required to help develop browser based games and unity based games that will work on multiple devices in particular mobile devices i.e. smart phones and tablet computers running iOS and Android.|
The current intention is to develop these applications using the Unity game engine, so whilst low-level mobile programming skills such as Objective-C / Java would be an advantage, they are not necessarily a requirement for this role.
· Unity and / or mobile device programming experience
· Experience of client / server communication coding
· High level of self-motivation coupled with good team-working skills
· An interest in videogames and gameplay development
· Examples of work, including code samples
· Low level mobile device programming experience i.e. Objective-C or Java, and use of mobile SDKs
· Interest in user-interface design
The ideal candidate will already have a base coding ability in HTML and java script. Initially you will be required to perform customer support tasks and build your skills with bug fixes.
You will need to be confident in expressing your passion to start your career in the software/ games development sector and ideally will have some evidence of games design from your own past projects.
An awareness of 3d software design is a distinct advantage
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsCoding ability, html, java, 3d
Awareness of mobile platforms etc
Personal QualitiesAttentive, keen to progress
Future ProspectsFull permanent prospects
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)