Job DescriptionDo you love to open up your computer and take it apart? Do you understand how to put it all back together again? This exciting apprenticeship in Trafford Park awaits.
Gigacycle Ltd are a leading IT asset Disposal and Microsoft Authorised Refurbisher.
• You will be dealing with all technologies including but not limited to: Computers, Laptops, Servers, Switches, Cables, Networking equipment and printers.
• Assisting in data destruction methods and refurbishing and repairing equipment for resale.
• Stripping hardware to component level and repairing.
• Installing operating systems and stripping hardware to component level for repairing.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Good knowledge of IT hardware.
• Troubleshooting skills.
• Good knowledge of operating systems and anti-virus software.
• Good communication skills.
Personal Qualities• Passionate about hardware and computers.
• Confident in technical abilities
• Determined to succeed within the industry
• Hard working
Future ProspectsOpportunity to progress with a growing company into an exciting full time career.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)