Job DescriptionAre you passionate about IT and are looking for a role to help you gain skills and knowledge while keeping very busy? This fantastic school-based role could be perfect for you!
|Comberton Academy Trust are looking for an apprentice to join the IT team at Comberton Village College as the apprentice IT Technician. Duties of the role are below:|
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide fault diagnosis and repair of all ICT equipment at first and second-line.
• Assist the Network Manager in the daily maintenance of key ICT systems and infrastructure.
• Where necessary, assist first-line staff in the maintenance and fault resolution of hardware and software.
• Take responsibility for project-based work, individually and as part of a team.
• Assist in the setup and implementation of new systems across the site including all relevant documentation and training for members of staff.
• To take responsibility for the effective management of all software deployed.
• Comply with all relevant regulatory, licensing, confidentiality and Health and safety legislation.
• Install updates, archive data and assist with data export for Academy administration systems.
• Ensure web/email services are efficiently maintained.
• Assist the Team Leader / Line Manager in ensuring that adequate disaster recovery measures are implemented and frequently checked.
• Assist in the management and configuration of all server-based systems including Active Directory.
• Build, test and roll-out applications and software packages for use across the network.
• Liaise with external agencies in order to resolve technical issues if and when required.
• Identify, prepare and deliver training to staff as required.
• Any other tasks considered reasonable by the Team Leader/Line Manager.
This is a very exciting role within a school, working with great people in a fantastic environment.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 3:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Effective communication both verbal and written
• Maintain a smart appearance and pleasant manner
• Ability to work positively as a team member
• Punctual and reliable
• Excellent ICT skills, i.e. Office applications
• Working understanding of Windows 7 and above
• Working understanding of computer hardware
• Ability to relate well to young people and other members of the Academy team
• Work constructively as part of a team, understanding office roles and responsibilities
• Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and to seek learning opportunities
Ability to analyse and troubleshoot hardware/software problems
Personal Qualities• Positive attitude
• Team Player
• Comfortable working with young people
• Excellent communication skills
• Willingness to work within the Academy ethos
• Willingness to work co-operatively with the whole Academy to achieve common goals
• Ability to adapt and be flexible
Future ProspectsLong term career opportunity with development for the correct candidate. There is the chance to progress on to Level 4 upon successful completion of the Level 3 apprenticeship.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)