Job DescriptionThis is a unique opportunity that will suit a single individual with an interest in legal or technical background working within a Courtroom experience and the opportunity to network with high profile Counsel and Judiciary. You will be working in Crown Courts Nationally Very High Cost and High Cost trials. These in the main are Murder and serious l
We are seeking a courtroom operator to work within the court and operate our computer controlled digital evidence system, showing evidential material onto courtroom monitors as requested by Counsel. They will be required to closely work with all trial participants.
By working as an operator, the opportunity exists to network with professionals and gain valuable in Court experience working as part of the legal team.
The venues will be at Crown Court within England and Wales.
• Full training will be provided in system operation and role requirement. On site one to one training will be continued in the early stages of each trial with full technical support throughout. Act at all times in a professional and courteous manner.
• Comply with hearing venue protocols (training will be provided).
• Comply with seating arrangements.
• Conduct courteous and professional interaction with Court officials
• Conduct courteous and professional interaction with Trial Judge and all counsel
• Introduce the Court hardware hard/software and its usage (training will be provided)
• Demonstrate to all Counsel and trial Judge the Presentation Package to best advantage (training will be provided).
• Demonstrate functions, links between equipment and how the presentation displays (training will be provided).
• Where instructed give one to one advice and instruction, be available for consultation or refresher training during the course of the trial before, during or after the court sits for the day
• Trouble shoot Counsel’s IT equipment holding the Presentation Package (supported – training will be provided)
• Provide copies of the user guide to aid parties to identify controls with sequential guidance on turning on the presentation, its operation, navigation on screen, adding material and closing down
• Record details of equipment issued, persons coached etc (supported – training will be provided).
• Identify hardware maintenance that may be required at Court (supported – training will be provided).
• Rectify any faults in hardware or software (supported – training will be provided)
• Identify and record Health and Safety issues that may arise (training will be provided).
Working WeekMonday – Friday hours to be discussed between 8am to 5pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Windows 7 – 10 on PC
- • Adobe Acrobat Professional or Acrobat Reader
- • Microsoft products; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- • Be at the court room 30 minutes before trial starts or at a time agreed in advance with the Contracting Authority…punctual
- • Be available to give help or advice as required.
- • Dress requirement – clean appearance (Female smart attire no jeans or casual clothing, Male - shirt tie and trousers).
- • Display an even temperament.
- • Professional
Future ProspectsPotential full time employment for the successful candidate
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)