Job DescriptionIf you’re looking for a hands-on IT apprenticeship read on! This role will challenge and develop your IT knowledge together with your customer service skills in a small but well established local business
This is a fabulous opportunity for someone with a passion for IT. The company is a small, but well established organisation in Potton and you will deal with all matters to do with installation to a SSAIB standard including:
- Paperwork and training on site
- Job sheets
- Drawing of sit detailing equipment installed. Their client base includes both domestic and commercial customers.
- You will need to be technically competent to join this company so the successful applicant will be passionate about IT hardware and software and have a broad base of knowledge already. An interview will involve a practical technical assessment also.
- This is a very hands-on role in a busy environment so it is important that the apprentice is able to learn quickly and use their own initiative.
Support and development opportunities are there to help you to further your career as you work towards the qualifications of your apprenticeship.
- The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, comfortable fitting in and finding their place in the small team.
- Attention to detail is a must and you should be confident to deal with enquiries from customers.
- You should be presentable and willing to learn about all aspects of IT and Installation.
(Full training and support will be provided as part of the 12 month apprenticeship)
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Technically competent
• Computer Literate
• Good customer service
Personal QualitiesA technically confident person, able to work on owns initiative with minimal supervision and an enthusiasm to develop personally and professionally.
A clear communicator with a strong concept of customer service, a methodical approach and attention to detail. Team player essential.
Future ProspectsOn successful completion of the apprenticeship the company is happy to consider a permanent position or progression onto Level 4.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)