Job DescriptionAn exciting opportunity has arisen to join PS Financial who are the authors of an award-winning financial management software. Working within the development and technical support teams.
Financial are looking for IT enthusiasts who are keen to join a growing Business, which has award winning finance systems and a track record of nurturing and growing potential young business people into highly skilled IT professionals.
• Supporting existing customers with software upgrades
• Working to develop systems
• Supporting Cloud services
• Technical support
• Support senior developers in basic code
• Check functionality is working correctly
Working with SQL server to restore and back up customer databases
• Following checklists to upgrade customer data from one version to another
• Creation of basic SQL scripts to amend non-standard data
• Thorough testing of solution prior to customer handover
(Full training and support will be provided as part of the 12 month apprenticeship)
Working WeekMonday-Friday 9 – 5.30 (1 hour lunch) 37.5 hours
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • A good overall understanding of IT
- • Ability to provide customer support
- • Be able to work in part of a team
- • Willing to learn
- We are looking for an enthusiastic IT apprentice who is keen to develop different areas of technical and development support.
Future ProspectsOn successful completion of the apprenticeship the company is happy to consider a permanent position and progression to the Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)