Job DescriptionAn Exciting opportunity to work as an Apprentice Helpdesk Engineer for an IT support company that provide IT services to local Schools, charities and commercial business in the South of England.
Reporting to the Technical Director, supporting the technical function in a broad variety of IT support tasks including, but not limited to;
- Basic hardware and software troubleshooting,
- Building of IT hardware and first-line telephone support,
- Some exposure to second-line IT support.
The apprentice will benefit from exposure to and support from a team of highly skilled IT technicians from a with a range of technical qualifications.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• IT Literate
• Customer Service Skills
• Software Installations
Personal Qualities• A mature outlook.
• Pro-active with good communication skills
• confidence to ask for help.
Future ProspectsAn opportunity for the right candidate to progress into a junior helpdesk engineer role, or junior field-based engineer role.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)