Job DescriptionThis is a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice to work in an award winning computer company as part of their IT Support team. Becoming a CSC apprentice will enable you become part of a successful, motivated and growing company.
|This role includes:|
· Providing IT support in a multi-client environment.
· Monitoring requests, the position requires a high percentage of problem resolution to a Tier 2 support level using various diagnostic tools and inter-personal skills to guide users through situations, thus providing the highest levels of client support and satisfaction.
· In addition to this the role requires problem and incident management ensuring that GHPST team standards are maintained and other activities as directed, in support of the team leader.
What you will need:
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including excellent telephone manner and strong customer focus.
· Dedication in a busy environment.
· Self-motivated/disciplined to develop and improve own skills and performance.
· Have excellent ability to communicate effectively (i.e. questioning and listening skills) both face to face and via the telephone. Works comfortably in a team, creating good working relationships to gain the trust of colleagues.
· Demonstrates ability to establish and meet customer requirements, accurately recording customer requirements and updating information coherently with intelligible and relevant comment.
Technical Skills to be Developed:
· Understanding of supporting applications with various technologies.
· Enthusiastic and committed.
· Ability to interface at all levels.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Confident and capable of innovation and lateral thinking.
· Capable of operating to tight schedules in a demanding environment.
· Flexible and able to work in a fast changing and technically challenging environment.
· Ideally the candidate should be able to demonstrate IT experience.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 37.5 hours pw
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Ability to work calmly under pressure and handle conflicting priorities.
• Ability to work as part of a team and participate in peer to peer knowledge transfer.
• Willingness to embrace new technologies.
• Willingness to work alongside supplier consultants and to absorb their knowledge.
• Strong customer service ethos.
• Driving Licence – do not need access to a car
Personal Qualities• A real passion and interest in IT
Future ProspectsProgression onto a L4 apprenticeship or full time position.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)