Job DescriptionDo you have a passion for problem solving? IS Technologies are looking for someone who has a passion for and would like to develop a career in IT. Working within a small team, you will be a part of providing the finest IT support to a range of customers large and small both in the UK and Europe.
Tasks will be varied and interesting with every opportunity to progress. The right candidate will be part a small team of highly motivated individuals that have high standards and can demonstrate a passion for IT. Above all, candidates must demonstrate a willingness to provide excellent customer service.
Duties may include:
• Being the first point of contact for all PC support activity.
• Responsible for solving a range of software, hardware and network problems.
• Installing new software and hardware.
• Maintaining databases.
• Daily system health checks.
• Fault finding and supporting end users.
• Conducting server maintenance and data backups.
• Supporting end users and completing installations.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm. Total hours per week: 35.00
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Computer literate.
- • Effective customer service.
- • Can use own initiative.
- • Problem solver.
- • Team player.
- • Positive attitude.
- • Highly interested in IT.
- • Determined.
- • Enthusiastic.
- • High level of attention to detail.
Future ProspectsPotential to progress on to the higher apprenticeship upon successful completion of the first year apprenticeship.
The qualification will consist of:
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms.
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence.
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable).
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a City and Guilds L3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals and a L3 Extended Diploma in ICT (Systems & Principles).