Job DescriptionHow would you like to develop an IT career with a global business? Pirelli Tyres are recruiting an IT apprentice to join the team based in Burton-on-Trent. Reporting to the IT Manager, you will provide IT technical support to your colleagues in the professional yet friendly work environment.
Pirelli Tyres are looking for an enthusiastic Apprentice to join their internal IT team based on their Burton on Trent site. IT plays a crucial part in the business, from involvement in the manufacturing process, to supporting the various functions on site.
Pirelli’s head office function is based from Burton, where they have a mixture of corporate, commercial and manufacturing / technical activity. This is an exciting new role which will provide real hands on, practical experience and learning for someone who is looking to develop their IT skills within a customer facing manufacturing environment.
• Hardware and software maintenance
• Troubleshooting technical issues
• Developing knowledge for new technologies
• Working with a range of users and customers
• Implementation of IT within the business manufacturing process
Working Week37.5 hours a week Monday – Thursday, 8.30 am 5.00 pm, 45 minutes lunch Friday, 8.30 am – 3.45 pm, 45 minutes lunch
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Computer Literate
- • Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- • Ability to establish effective working relationships
- • Problem solving skills
- • Passionate about ICT
- • Honest, trustworthy and reliable
- • Calm and considered
- • Pro activeness to research how to rectify issues whilst having the sense to escalate the issue if too high level
Future ProspectsThere is the possibility of a full time role and/or progression onto the Level 4 programme for hard working apprentices.
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)