Job DescriptionTesting and repairing IT equipment to be sold through online sales channels is just part of this role. A passion to learn, progress and succeed are a must.
As an IT asset recycler the stock handled is incredibly varied in both type, age and value – from enterprise servers and storage through to laptops, PCs and associated parts.
The main function of this role is to test and repair IT equipment, and turn it into an online ready product. This process includes the following steps:
- Entering data into our online database system.
- Identifying faults with products and replacing components, if needed, to make a fully working and saleable product.
- Identifying and Researching Technical specifications of products.
- Working with the Engineering Team to meet targets and deadlines.
- With the team help build links between our stock system and eBay/Amazon/our online store.
It’s a varied role that requires patience, determination and accuracy; product data must be accurate, as it will be displayed to millions of potential buyers
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word/Excel)
• Technical Knowledge of IT/Computer Components
• Eye for detail – identifying any mistakes and rectifying them quickly
• Further In-house training and support will be given to the Apprentice throughout the Apprenticeship.
Personal Qualities• A Positive and motivated attitude towards working and learning on the job.
• Enthusiastic to take ownership of the work you are given and increase productivity in the work place
• Keep a tidy work area.
Future ProspectsPotential of a full time position on completion of Apprenticeship
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)