Job DescriptionDo you enjoy experimenting with computer hardware and have a sincere passion for IT? This apprenticeship is a fantastic opportunity to begin your career in IT, with a view to becoming a Technician.
The apprentice will be working with the whole team, helping in daily tasks such as:
- Dealing with the technological queries of colleagues and customers.
- Hardware troubleshooting and repairing on a variety of devices, such as desktops, laptops, tablets, consoles and mobile devices.
- Basic soldering of parts.
- Use of various specialist equipment such as a multi meter
- Being one of the first points of contact for those with IT issues.
This is a role where you get to work directly with customers as well as with the team to work on the troubleshooting and repair aspect so allows the apprentice to be involved with the whole process end to end. There may be an element of research involved to learn new ways to solve problems if they arise.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• A genuine passion and interest in IT/audio-visual equipment.
• A knowledge of IT hardware, its components and a basic idea of how to resolve issues.
• Great communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
Personal Qualities• Positive attitude and good work ethic.
• Can think logically to solve issues.
Future ProspectsFrom this position you may be offered a full-time job within the company, alongside prospects to start a career in IT. There will also be the opportunity to progress onto a Level 4 Higher apprenticeship.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)