Job DescriptionExcellent opportunity for someone looking for an exciting career opportunity within a forward thinking and innovative school. We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated individual to join our existing IT department.
Neale Wade are looking for an IT enthusiastic person who wants to learn all aspects of IT.
Main purpose of post:
To assist in all aspects relating to the care and maintenance of computing, audio,
visual, photocopying and telephone equipment across the Academy.
- To provide first line helpdesk support to students and staff for hardware, software, audio-visual, photocopiers and telephone equipment.
- To assist with the purchase, setting up, maintenance and repair of computers, audio-visual equipment, computer-linked equipment and computer-related equipment.
- To install and configure software applications.
- To help produce and maintain I.T statistics, reports, checklists and other documentation as necessary.
- To assist with the upkeep of the academy I.T. inventory.
- To help maintain appropriate stock levels of computer consumables and accessories and to raise purchase orders as necessary ensuring that value for money is obtained.
- To maintain satisfactory standards of safety and security in relation to computer rooms and equipment.
- To set up, maintain and organise repairs for various computing, audio visual and telephone equipment.
- To be aware of and abide by the Academy health and safety procedures and associated polices.
- To proactively implement the Academy’s policies and procedures.
- To undertake any other relevant duties as may reasonably be requested by the Executive Principal.
Working WeekMonday to Friday, 37 hours per week - exact times to be arranged with successful candidate.
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Experience to Windows Operating Systems
• Ability to install hardware and software
• Good organisational skills
• Understanding of networking
Personal Qualities• Enthusiastic
• A want to learn
Future ProspectsCareer progression for the right candidate
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Networking and Architecture Principles (Knowledge Module 1)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Mobile and Operating Systems (Knowledge Module 2)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Cloud Services (Knowledge Module 3)
• MTA in Software Development Fundamentals or HTML5 App Development Fundamentals (Knowledge Module 4)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Processes (Knowledge Module 5)