Job DescriptionAn exciting opportunity to work as an Apprentice IT Technician for a customer focused and professional individual who has a passion for IT!
As an Apprentice IT Technician, you will be responsible for the Inspection, diagnostics, replacing parts and repairing faults for mobile phones, laptops and iPad’s etc.
You will be working on some of the most advanced phones and technology on the market today including Apple iPhones, iPads, Samsung’s, HTC’s, as well as many others.
We are looking for a customer focused, professional individual who demonstrates high attention to detail and ideally you will have a high interest and passion in technology/electronics.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Preparing technical reports
- Dealing with technical repairs for mobile phones, tablets and laptops.
- Inspecting and diagnosing damaging items
Other duties may include:
- Answering incoming calls from existing customers
- Making calls to update customers where necessary
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• A good knowledge of up to date technology
• Good customer service skills
• A good level of spoken and written skills
• A good work ethic, and prepared to work in a time orientated environment
Personal Qualities• Positive and enthusiastic
• Capable of working within a team, but also independently
• Professionalism to communicated with other members of staff and customers
• Willingness to learn
Future ProspectsOn successful completion of the Apprenticeship the company is happy to consider a permanent position or progression onto Level 4.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Networking and Architecture Principles (Knowledge Module 1)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Mobile and Operating Systems (Knowledge Module 2)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Cloud Services (Knowledge Module 3)
• MTA in Software Development Fundamentals or HTML5 App Development Fundamentals (Knowledge Module 4)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Processes (Knowledge Module 5)