Job DescriptionAn excellent opportunity for an exceptional candidate to join a well-established IT consultancy and support company at their offices in Bristol. You will be working in a busy IT support role.
BS info tech are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to work in their technical support department.
• Provide first line IT Support to customers of BS Info Tech Limited ensuring systems are maintained and supported to the highest standards.
• To assist with the installation, maintenance and repair of computers and computer linked or related equipment.
• To ensure that all support calls and requests are dealt with appropriately.
• To provide a service to install, setup and configure new IT equipment for users such as personal computers, printers and scanners to enable access.
• To assist in all aspects relating to the care and maintenance of computing equipment across a range of clients
• Operational tasks e.g. analyses & diagnoses of computer hardware, software and network problems. Installation, replacement and testing of new and repaired hardware.
• Maintenance of a knowledge base of procedures and solutions to commonly reported faults.
• Remote access support by taking over the user’s computer remotely or by visiting the user’s workspace.
• Provide basic desktop training to user following installation of new equipment,
• Provide advice to users on IT related issues.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8.30-5.30
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- A good understanding of IT hardware and software is required.
- Good customer service, excellent telephone manner and attention for detail.
- Fast learner, adaptable and conscientious.
Future ProspectsA full time job and progression to level 4 is available for the right candidate.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)