Job DescriptionAn exciting opportunity to join an ever-evolving IT team in Cambridgeshire’s largest Academy trust. Passion for IT? Possess the skills and qualities to grow as part of an exciting team within one of Cambridge Meridian Academies leading schools? Apply Now!
Your role is to work in the IT Support team to assist the staff and students across the Academy Trust providing a professional, customer focused service and support. Based on the front desk you will work with the IT helpdesk system to report issues, undertake general admin tasks. Covering a wide variety of IT areas from local and remote user issues, networking and cloud service queries
Your role will be to work with the others in the team to support the staff and students in the everyday use of IT equipment.
Duties would include:
• Providing 1st line support to customers
• Solving projector and interactive whiteboard issues
• Administrative support, including filing, word processing and reprographics work and data input.
• To liaise with students, families and staff on behalf of CMAT .
• Setting up new machines and swapping faulty laptops
• Editing user accounts
• To assist the arrangement of routine in-school activities such as staff school photographs, student induction and presentation evenings.
• Installing and configuring software
• Installing computers in new IT suites
• Configuring network devices
• Responding to urgent IT issues around the site
• Ensuring that systems and software are implemented in line with the Trust’s IT policy
PLEASE NOTE: Do not contact the employer directly as this will result in your application being rejected, all applications must go through 3aaa. Full training will be delivered as required and please note that if a suitable candidate is found the vacancy may close early.
Working Week8:00am – 4:30pm (Can be flexible if transport is an issue) Including a 45 minute lunch break.
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • Effective communication, both written and verbal
- • Problem solving techniques
- • Flexible and pro-active attitude towards work
- • The successful candidate will be technically minded, a problem solver and be able to work independently as well as within a team.
- • Fluent in English
Future ProspectsThe successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their skills in a new environment with enterprise level equipment. They will be able to take on further responsibilities as they become more experienced and qualified across the Trust. The position is initially offered as a temporary contract until the apprenticeship course ends. If the successful candidate performs well and develops to a satisfactory standard during this time, the contract may be extended or made permanent.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)