Job DescriptionAre you well organised, confident & proactive?As part of the NHS, DHU (Urgent Care Division) are looking for a Junior PA to provide PA and administrative support to the UCD Management Team.Reporting to the Head of Clinical Services you will have the opportunity to establish an excellent career in the healthcare sector.
Purpose of the Role
To provide administrative & Junior PA support to the Urgent Care Division (Derbyshire) CIC Management Team, ensuring discretion and confidentiality at all times enabling the effective and efficient functioning of the Division.
• To shadow other PA’s in the organisation in view of developing the role into a Personal Assistant.
• To act as an ambassador for the Division and promote services.
• To promote the corporate image of the Company in both its internal and external contacts.
• Undertake statutory training as required in accordance with Health and Safety regulations.
• To ensure that security in the work environment is maintained, by locking doors and windows; challenging unknown persons who enter the working area and by wearing the company identity badge at all times whilst at work.
• Maintain organisational mandatory training as appropriate for administrative staff.
• To provide PA support to the Urgent Care Division (Derbyshire) CIC Management Team in the organisation of meetings, including preparation and circulation of the agendas and supporting documentations including taking of formal minutes at meetings as and when required.
• Ensure the provision of a full administrative support service to the Urgent Care Division (Derbyshire) CIC Management Team; this will include participation in answering telephone calls/queries, photocopying, collating and filing.
• Compiling any newsletters/staff information/updates ensuring attention to detail and accuracy is maintained.
• Supporting the distribution of, and collating the results of, Patient Satisfaction Questionnaires ensuring attention to detail and accuracy is maintained.
• Assisting the Urgent Care Division (Derbyshire) CIC Management Team with the data collection of daily & weekly quality reports.
• To manage the administration of the room booking system ensuring all rooms are booked and cancelled as and when requested for meetings by the Urgent Care Division (Derbyshire) CIC Management Team.
• Researching documents/information from the Internet as per manager’s request.
• Maintain manual/computerised records as required to a high standard.
• Deal with face to face or telephone enquiries; convey messages and transfer calls as necessary while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
• To receive visitors to the division in a professional, friendly manner while actively maintaining the security of the area.
• Liaise with other agencies, departments and official bodies to assist in providing a high quality and efficient service sharing information as appropriate.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Good written English.
- • Confident use of the telephone and strong interpersonal skills.
- • Admin skills including organising meetings and taking minutes.
- • Good experience of Microsoft Office programmes, including Powerpoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- • Attention to detail.
- • Good organisational skills.
- • Ability to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines.
- • Ability to work as part of a team
- • Flexible attitude
- • Professional approach to work
- • Smart appearance
Future ProspectsUpon completion of the apprenticeship, there is a clear opportunity for a full-time role within the business and progression onto the level 4 programme.
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)