Job DescriptionA once in a lifetime opportunity to join the operational side of the fastest growing largest automotive aftermarket specialist in Europe!
Provide learners with good quality information relating to their training programme in partnership with the Learning and Development Manager and be a point of contact to support during training
• Maintaining accurate records of learners journeys
• Supporting the Learning and Development Manager with on boarding and inducting learners into the business
• Tracking learner journeys to ensure key milestones of development are achieved
• Participate in internal and external meetings as required
• Administer the booking of internal/external training events
• Plan in and diarise training across the calendar year
• Register and invite learners to module workshops
• Maintain up to date training records
• Support with maintaining the talent central system
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- To have a great work ethic, be passionate about giving fantastic customer service and enjoy working in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent Time Management
- To be adaptable, able to work effectively as part of a team or individually.
- Good IT skills
- Motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- • Integrity
- • Self-starter
- • Team Oriented
- • To be confident and conscientious.
- • Personable nature
- • Reliable
- • Willingness to learn
- • Well presented