Job DescriptionAre you professional & conscientious with aspirations of working within the legal profession? Flint Bishop Solicitors are looking for an Apprentice Legal Assistant to join their team. The role will initially consist of PA duties to the Conveyancer providing administrative support, handling customer queries & providing quotes.
|Flint Bishop Solicitors are looking for an enthusiastic and bright apprentice to join their team, based in Ashbourne, Derbyshire.|
You will start out as a Legal Assistant on a Business Administration Apprenticeship Framework in which you will be undertaking a variety of duties within the conveyancing department.
Typical roles and responsibilities will include but are not necessarily limited t the following:
· Being the first point of call to clients and agents over the telephone and in some cases face-to-face
· Acting as a PA to the Conveyancer; managing her diary, taking calls, booking meetings etc
· Liaising with clients and agents to help progress cases such as property purchases
· Quoting for conveyancing services
· Scanning and collecting post
· General Administrative duties as and when required.
Once you have successfully completed your apprenticeship, Flints will look to provide you with the opportunity to pursue the necessary qualifications to become a conveyancer. For this reason, a passion and an interest in law is imperative.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Excellent IT skills, particularly in MS Office Programmes
• An interest in Law is essential and there will be the potential to pursue conveyancing qualifications
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Must be highly organised and meticulous
Personal Qualities• Confident when dealing with clients and senior level staff
• Enthusiastic, Personable and bright
• Hardworking and diligent
Future ProspectsThis job role offers fantastic job progression opportunities into the legal industry. Once you have completed the Business Admin Apprenticeship There will be the potential to study to become a full-time conveyancer.
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)