Job DescriptionHow would you like to develop an IT career at an award-winning business in London? Due to their continued expansion, Jeffreys Henry LLP are recruiting an IT apprentice to join the team based in Old Street. Reporting to the IT Manager, you will provide IT technical support to your colleagues in the professional yet friendly work environment.
Jeffreys Henry are an award winning accountancy practise based in Central London.
They are actively recruiting for an Apprentice Network Administrator to join the IT team and ultimately be responsible to the IT Manager.
The role will predominantly consist of providing IT Technical support to your colleagues, troubleshooting queries and responding to raised tickets.
Typical day to duties will include:
• Upgrading software, e.g. Operating Systems, Anti-Virus
• Upgrading hardware, e.g. ordering and replacing new laptops, monitors, keyboards etc.
• Ongoing server maintenance – keeping software updated to ensure networks are running smoothly
• Troubleshooting queries; Why won’t my monitor switch on? How do I connect my wireless keyboard?
• Working on Active Directory, e.g. grouping devices, creating policies etc.
• Using switches to connect devices on a network
• Setting up mobile devices
• Setting up peripherals such as printers, scanners
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm (Flexible)
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • Computer Literate
- • Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- • Ability to establish effective working relationships
- • Problem solving skills
- • Some prior knowledge dealing with networks and servers is desirable but not essential
- • Confident, especially when dealing with high level colleagues
- • Honest, trustworthy and reliable
- • Calm and considered
- • Proactiveness to research how to rectify issues whilst having the sense to escalate the issue if too high level
- • Excellent work ethic (always looking to assist where possible)
Future ProspectsThere is the possibility of a full-time role and/or progression onto the Level 4 Network Engineer programme for hard working apprentices.
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)