Job DescriptionThis is a fantastic opportunity to work as an ICT technician, supporting in IT and theatre technician duties for a well-known Coventry secondary school. You will aid in IT duties working with the IT team whilst undertaking an Advanced apprenticeship in IT.
Working under the guidance of the ICT Service Team Leader you will provide specialist support in all aspects relating to the care and maintenance of ICT resources (hardware, software, audio-visual, computer-linked, computer-related, photocopying and telephone equipment) and Performing Arts resources (sound, lighting, studio and film equipment).
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide first line support to students and staff for ICT and Performing Arts resources.
- Carry out routine administration including password resets and adding print credits.
- Assist with the administration process regarding purchases of ICT and Performing Arts resources.
- Assist with the setting up, upgrading, maintenance and repair of ICT and Performing Arts resources.
- Install and configure operating systems and applications.
- Support staff and students with the use of ICT and Performing Arts, including in-class support where appropriate.
- Support staff and students with the set-up and preparation of ICT and Performing Arts resources.
- Work with staff, students and parents to promote the safe use of ICT.
- Work with the Music, Performing Arts and Media departments to manage and operate Performing Arts resources.
- Help produce and maintain ICT statistics, reports, checklists and other documentation as necessary.
- Assist with the upkeep of the ICT/Performing Arts asset register/inventory and service catalogue.
- Help maintain appropriate stock levels of consumables and accessories and to raise purchase orders as necessary ensuring that value for money is obtained.
- Maintain satisfactory standards of safety and security in relation to ICT suites, Performing Arts locations and ICT/Performing Arts resources.
- Report any detected breach of the School’s ICT Acceptable Use policies to the ICT Service Team Leader.
- Provide a high level of service to the business in a deadline driven environment and work to an agreed service level.
- Keep abreast of technological developments and encourage the use of ICT at all levels.
- Maintain an effective level of technical competence by participation in educational programmes and self-guided reading as appropriate.
- Work towards and complete NVQ Level 3 qualifications for IT Professionals and Performing Arts.
- Maintain relationships with fellow IT staff, taking part in team and departmental meetings.
- Be aware of and abide by the Schools’ health and safety procedures and associated polices.
- Proactively implement the Schools’ policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other relevant duties and responsibilities as may reasonably be requested by the ICT Service Team Leader or Trust ICT Director.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a range of audiences.
• Able to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and data security.
• Organised; can prioritise and work well under pressure, meeting strict deadlines and exercising attention to detail.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to handle difficult situations in a patient, calm and effective way.
• Good problem solving and analytical skills.
• Able to present themselves and the ICT service positively and professionally.
• Able to work with adults and students.
• Able to work in accordance with the School’s safeguarding policies and procedures.
• Able to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities.
• Able to work independently and collaboratively to ensure the delivery of agreed workload.
• Can interpret and present written and numerical data in formats including spreadsheets and written reports.
• Able to consistently produce high quality work and maintain accurate records.
• Physically able to carry out the requirements of the role, subject to reasonable adjustments as may be required.
• Experience of trouble shooting and fixing computer hardware and software problems.
• Install, maintain and troubleshoot software and hardware – Windows and Apple based.
• Knowledge of Microsoft software including Office.
• Committed to their own professional development.
• Committed to and able to promote the aims of the school and the values of the Trust: Students First, It’s about Learning, No Barriers.
• Able to work calmly under pressure and withstand stress.
• Able to work flexibly and to attend meetings and training days as required.
Personal Qualities• Good attention to detail
• Good communicator
• Team player
• Positive attitude
Future ProspectsProgression to level 4 IT trailblazer apprenticeship and a possible permanent position for the right applicant
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Networking and Architecture Principles (Knowledge Module 1)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Mobile and Operating Systems (Knowledge Module 2)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Cloud Services (Knowledge Module 3)
• MTA in Software Development Fundamentals or HTML5 App Development Fundamentals (Knowledge Module 4)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Processes (Knowledge Module 5)