Job DescriptionThis is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants a varied IT role and to get involved. This role comprises a full IT mix including software, IT hardware, on line videoing and analysing data.
As an apprentice in the Software Product Specialist role you would be involved in the following:
• Learning all about the products
• Testing of the software and also other documentation
• Providing support over the telephone to customers with issues that go past the knowledge of the standard support team
• Assisting with fact finding and conducting a detailed analysis of larger opportunities.
• To assist our developers in the reproduction and resolution of software bugs
• To provide support to our customers when dealing with bespoke software plugins.
• Prepare and maintain generic sales demonstration environments that are clear, concise, and well-populated and error free and based on a number of verticals and instructing those who will deliver them
• To assist the Product Manager with the specification and testing of additional software components and to begin the creation of the initial marketing specification sheets and video presentations
• To prepare and record a series of online videos that can be used as sales aids to demonstrate the core function of the solution set
• To work with the marketing team to produce marketing material
• To prepare customised demo environments for larger or specialist presentations
• Assisting with the preparation and completion of tender responses for larger and public sector tenders
Working Week8.30 am – 5.30 pm Monday – Friday. 40 hours per week. The hours can be flexible to work around public transport times. Free on site car parking.
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- Computer literate
- Effective customer service skills
- IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in IT, in particular Software
- Able to problem solve
- Motivated, driven, positive and enthusiastic
Future ProspectsTo become a permanent member of the team and continue to build your career within the company.
The qualification will consist of:
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms.
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence.
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable).
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a City and Guilds L3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals and a L3 Extended Diploma in ICT (Systems & Principles).