Job DescriptionWe are a small friendly team, who are proud to supply software, training and support to some of the most high profile projects in the world, including the London 2012 Athletes Village, the Fehmarnbelt tunnel between Germany and Denmark and the Hong Kong transit company, helping to bring their projects in on time and budget.
|This is an exciting opportunity to join Risk Decisions as an apprentice QA/test analyst, helping to deliver excellent risk management and analysis software to high profile customers worldwide. You will work with the software development team to achieve Agile development goals, producing web based products that meet excellent quality standards. During our fast paced Agile Software development/test sprints, you will create and execute tests, working closely with our talented, friendly team.
· Work with our QA manager to develop and execute test cases for functional, performance and stress tests
· Identify and log bugs
· Maintain test systems and servers
· Communicate issues and suggestions to the development team to enable them to deliver releasable software at the end of each sprint
· Other duties that occur from time to time as instructed by your line manager
The company provides free breakfast and lunch, and matches employee pension contributions up to 3% of salary
Your 6 months performance appraisal will include a pay review. Following successful completion of your apprenticeship, there will be a further pay review.
Dress code is smart casual.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsWe are looking for new team members to join our small supportive software development team. If you have a passion for software that is intuitive and user friendly, and you have a good eye for detail, are enthusiastic to learn and can use your initiative, you will flourish at Risk Decisions.
Personal Qualities• Organised
• Natural problem solver
• Love of computers!
Future ProspectsThis is your opportunity to kick start your career in IT. We are keen to support anyone with ambition to continue to grow within Risk Decisions. Options include, continuing to the next level of apprenticeship, study for further QA qualifications e.g. ITIL, or a move into a software development or support position in the company.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)