Job DescriptionBeing the face of the company the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out a range of reception/team administrative duties for the company based in Willington.
Your role will be split between working on reception and also providing administrative support for business development activities by responding to all in-coming enquiries, providing outstanding levels of customer service to clients and suppliers.
You will meet and greet customers whilst maintaining a professional image for the company, whilst making guests feel comfortable by providing refreshments. You will be the main point of contact for ‘front of house’ issues and will also answer incoming telephone calls including the distribution of calls to relevant team members. You will also be responsible for making sure that the reception area is maintained to a clean and tidy condition.
You will be expected to have good organisational skills and be able to use IT effectively in implementing tasks.
This role also requires a candidate who can nurture relationships with clients when they contact the organisation in order to provide a personalised service. You will also be required to make follow up calls to clients to provide progress & updates. The information / updates will require updating on the organisations system progress software and flow report.
Your admin duties will include formatting letters, minutes and reports, be involved with entering data on the organisation back office systems. You will also hold responsibility for stationary orders and general filing duties.
You will also need to demonstrate a professional approach to your work. You will need to multitask in this varied role and will also need to be a proficient user of MS Office programs like Word, Excel and Outlook.
MAIN AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Building relationships with clients and suppliers
- Liaising with external customers, to anticipate and respond to their needs
- Producing professional sales and programme documents/presentations using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- To record the progress of all enquiries and translate into a monthly report, including source of business trends, enquiry conversion rates, future predicted sales and other reports as directed by the Manager Director
- Ensure that sales information and access database management is recorded accurately in the system at all times,
- Up-keep of client database – updating where necessary to allow effective promotion activity
- Updating websites when necessary
- Answering and transferring internal and external phone calls – taking accurate messages and passing them on in a timely way
- Any other duties of a similar level and nature as may be required by the business
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate management information
- Contacting prospective and existing clients
- Present a positive, professional image of the company with all customers and suppliers
- To provide input and ideas into marketing initiatives and subsequently promote these initiatives and monitor responses
- To maintain and develop contact with professional bodies and potential clients through occasional attendance at networking and promotional events
- To wear appropriate business attire at all times
- Accurate and efficient record keeping
- Excellent and effective working relationships with clients
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE VOCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required in order to make the client experience a success. Advanced word PowerPoint and excel computer skills would be preferable.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: The job holder is the first point of contact for the client experience and must therefore create a positive and enthusiastic first impression. They must be willing to work as part of a team. The job holder must have a confident yet reassuring manner with clients at all times. Good telephone and face-to-face personal skills are essential.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm 37.5 hrs pw
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Great Face to face customer service skills
Personal Qualities• Confident positive attitude
• Excellent Communication Skills
Future ProspectsProgression with the business and to Level 4 Business Administration
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)