Job DescriptionIf you are bright, positive and proactive why not jump on board with this recruitment apprenticeship job in Watford and kick start your career with Marks Consulting Partners specialise in Surveying and Engineering Recruitment.
A Trainee Recruitment job is fun and fast paced and gives you the opportunity to learn a number of key skills. You’ll be involved in booking or conducting interviews, updating databases, email management and candidate compliance processes such as reference obtaining.
As demand for our services continues to grow we are now looking for a Trainee Recruitment Consultant to join our team. This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious person to join a fast growing company in its early stages.
We very much believe in hiring character, and training skill. When you start you will receive full business training as part of your induction programme while learning to manage client demand in your dedicated area alongside experienced consultants. This will be followed by one to one mentoring with follow-on training and coaching.
We can offer the right candidates a dynamic yet mature and flexible work environment along with an opportunity to learn and progress.
Sales experience would be preferred but this is not essential. We are looking for people who ideally:
- Have a strong character, are confident and hardworking
- Have excellent communication skills
- Are able to multitask and deliver to tight timescales
- Have a creative approach to problem solving
- Are interested in business news and events
- Are organised and have good planning skills
- Are numerate with a strong attention to detail
- Are comfortable with target based environment
- Some of the skills you may learn over the course of your apprenticeship may be:
- Resourcing vacancies on various job portals
- Maintaining internal databases
- Writing interview confirmation emails
- Booking candidates for registration
- Ensuring feedback is recorded on databases and passed to lead consultant to follow up with clients
- Daily inbox and email management
- Filing invoices, contracts and general candidate compliance
- Invoicing clients for candidate placements made
- Chasing urgent references for temporary workers
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsYou will need to be confident on the computer with excellent communication skills and know when to seek clarity if something is unclear. You should have good attention to detail and be highly organised. It is desirable if you have a working knowledge of MS Office products. Some of the other qualities you will need are:
• Numerical and verbal reasoning skills
• Capable of building and maintaining relationships: internal and external
• Ability to operate to clear processes
• Clear, professional telephone skills
• Ability to work under pressure
Personal QualitiesYou should be have an excellent telephone manner, be well-presented, confident, self-motivated and have a pro-active, can do, attitude.
Future ProspectsThe candidate has the opportunity to progress onto a level 4 or a permanent opportunity.
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)