Job DescriptionAn opportunity has arisen in our office in Wakefield for an Apprentice Administrator. You will be working as part of a small friendly team taking on the day to day administration tasks of the office. This is a great opportunity to work within a local company, to work towards a Level 3 Business Administration qualification.
A really exciting opportunity to earn whilst you learn working for a forward thinking and innovative employer. You will be given full support and training on the job to achieve your Level 3 Business Administration qualification.
Your main duties will include:
- Managing all invoices
- Creating engineer ID cards, keeping a record of all ID card numbers on an Excel spreadsheet
- Sending Account statements out to Clients from our accounts system Sage
- Answering incoming telephone calls when necessary and forwarding the call to the relevant member of staff or taking phone messages
- Handling inbound post and date stamping and passing to individuals, franking of the post being sent out.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsMust hold 5 GCSEs (graded A* to C or 9 to 5) or equivalent including English/ Maths and have been a resident in the UK/EEA/EU for the last 3 years.
- • Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft and Outlook email.
- • Good written communication skills
- • Good verbal communication and listening skills
- • Able to work in an organised, efficient and effective manner
- • Able to use initiative and follow instructions
- • Maintain focus under high pressure situations
- • Professional and friendly attitude
- • High quality inter-personal skills
- • Able to work to strict deadlines
- • Enthusiastic, pro-active and self-motivated approach
- • Reliable and conscientious
Future ProspectsPotential full-time role for the right candidate
Workshops that will be delivered include the following:
• Workshop 1: Business Knowledge & Understanding
• Workshop 2: Professional in the Workplace
• Workshop 3: Decision Making and Managing your Performance
• Workshop 4: Principles of Business
• Workshop 5: Business Systems and Processes
• Workshop 6: Project Management