Job DescriptionThe Apprentice Service Desk Technician is responsible for handling first level support of service requests in a professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Infinity have an opening for an Apprentice Service Desk Technician. The role involves:
· IT Support relating to technical issues involving:
· Microsoft’s core
· Business applications and operating systems.
· Support of disaster recovery solutions.
· Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN
· Connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
· Basic remote access solution implementation and support:VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
· Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
· System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise.
· Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8.30-5pm 37.5 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsAdvanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
• Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
• Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
• Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
• Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided
Personal QualitiesPositive attitude
Future ProspectsFull time opportunity
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)