Job DescriptionAre you interested in an IT apprenticeship with a great employer? Do you have a passion for IT? Keep reading!
The role of Apprentice Service Support Technician is a highly customer facing role that delivers great customer service and technical support services to both our internal and external customers.
The Apprentice Service Support Technician will work within a service support team alongside other technicians and a handle a myriad of support calls, all of which will need to be logged, prioritised and categorised effectively within our IT Service Management tools and databases.
The purpose of the role is to start to learn to handle and manage customer demand as effectively and efficiently as possible through documented process, procedure and in line with service level expectation.
Customer service requests may be delivered via email, telephone, account management functions and internal support services.
Acting as an ambassador for PAV I.T services you will be working closely with our customers in supporting a myriad of technical questions, incidents, problems and changes.
You will be required to assist with providing a multifaceted support service offering and delivering services such as service reporting, first time fix, root cause analysis, escalation to Technical Services Specialist personnel and to assist with identifying service improvement initiatives.
The role of Apprentice Service Support Technician is a vital to our overall service support strategy and will require strict adherence to our service management policy, process and procedure.
- To ensure customer demand is managed as effectively and efficiently as possible through our IT Service desk function.
- To be proactive and technically confident in managing areas of service support and escalating service issues to the Service Support Manager and Technical Services Specialists wherever appropriate.
- To be professional, courteous and respectful in managing customer service and delivery.
- To work within a team of Service Support Technicians in managing and supporting customer service engagements.
- Sharing experience, support call investigation, resolution, challenges and success with your colleagues and Service Support Manager.
- To take pride in the services you deliver and the reputation of PAV i.t support services.
- To follow service management policy, procedure and where required develop our support documentation, knowledge base and processes.
- To take ownership in logging all service requests within our support desk management tools and ensure service level expectation in managed effectively in relation to priority (impact and urgency).
- To work closely with our Technical Services Specialists in support call escalation, root cause analysis and resolution completion.
- Where required access customer documentation, systems and services to investigate service incidents and problems in line with PAV i.t services policy and procedure as defined within the staff handbook.
- Raise deficiencies in process and procedure with line manager as soon practicably possible.
Working WeekMonday – Friday
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal professionally with clients & colleagues
- Knowledge of software support and fixes
- Excellent telephone manner
- Analytical and problem solving mindset
- Ability to follow procedures
- Clear communication skills
Personal Qualities- Proactive and self-motivated
- Passion for IT and the technical sector
- Positive attitude
Future ProspectsPermanent position within the company
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)