Job DescriptionBreeze have an opportunity for an Apprentice Software Developer.The role will involve working with Microsoft ASP.NET (MVC and Web API), SQL Server and web technologies such as HTML5, Bootstrap, Typescript and Knockout.JS.
- Working within main development team and reporting to the Technical Manager and also project managers where appropriate.
- Learn company standards and working practices.
- Learn technical front-end (web) development skills through actively developing applications.
- Learn about developing back-end API development and develop relational database (design and querying) skills.
- Use technical resources such as books, online documentation and forums to solve problems.
- Interact with development staff.
The role will begin with training and exercise tasks but will evolve into developing new features and fixing problems in existing live applications. The timescales for this will depend on capabilities of the apprentice.
Specific technical areas and tools
- Knockout JS
- NET Web API
- MS SQL Server
- Visual Studio 2015
Working WeekMonday-Friday 8:00AM to 4:00PM or 9:00AM to 5:00PM with 30 minutes 37.5 hours a week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Some experience of web development and programming, e.g., own web site or site developed for friends, family, etc.
• Able to focus on a technical task for long periods and not get distracted.
• Good technical problem-solving skills - e.g., solving problems through research, finding solutions on Stack Overflow or knowing who else to ask if stuck.
• Some level of aesthetic skill, e.g., knowing when a user-interface layout looks like a dog’s breakfast – and a desire to fix it!
• Able to interact and communicate with other team members.
Personal Qualities• Aptitude for the job
• A desire to continually learn new skills
• A degree of self-motivation
• Able to get along with our other developers!
Future ProspectsFull permanent prospects
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)