Job DescriptionLooking for a career as a Software or Web Developer? Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join their team in Derby. If you want to earn whilst you learn about software & web development this is the opportunity for you!
|Our client is a Microsoft Certified Partner so have excellent links with the IT industry.|
They are looking to expand their team by employing an apprentice to get involved with development tasks, whether it be Software Development or Web Development.
Typical roles and responsibilities may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
· Creating new code using various different programming languages as per client specification
· Fixing bugs and inaccuracies in web or software code
· Code commenting (providing instructions on the code)
· Testing of code (making sure it performs desired function)
· Interpreting end User requirements, i.e. understanding customer needs and requirements.
As a Certified Microsoft Partner, our client produces their technology at Enterprise Class, so they are committed to excellence.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Articulate; excellent English skills
• Good time management
• Logical & Methodical
Personal Qualities• Enthusiastic & Passionate
• A Professional Self Starter
Future ProspectsThe opportunity to progress onto an IT level 4 qualification or secure a full-time job will be available for the ideal candidate.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)