Job DescriptionIf you’re looking for a Software Development IT apprenticeship, read on! This role will challenge and develop your development Skills, gaining knowledge of various different programming languages together with your customer service skills in a small but well established local business.
|If you’re looking to challenge your development abilities, TotalRen Solutions is the next step in your career. You’ll be working on existing and new projects, with the aim to provide stellar desktop, web and mobile experiences to business users. You’ll also be responsible for providing IT support in an expanding area of our business.
Working as apprentice you will develop and maintain a variety of .NET business applications using the latest Microsoft technologies.
Develop databases to go along with the solutions.
Testing and Debugging systems
Technologies we us include;
SQL server 2008 or higher
ASP.NET MVC 3 or higher
The successful candidate will have a strong interest in development and will be familiar with at least 1 object orientated language, preferably C#, but others such as Java are acceptable. Experience with SQL is desirable but not required.
Each of our clients is highly valued and relationships are often developed at a personal level so having good communication and customer service skills are required for the role.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Customer Service
- Understanding of software
- Understanding of Coding Languages
- A good understanding of Coding Languages alongside technical ability and the willingness to learn is important for this role.
Future ProspectsProgression opportunities for the right candidate.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)