Job DescriptionAs a Global Engineering Company is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to join their Software Development team based in Shardlow Derbyshire. The role involves working closely with the software Development Manager on exciting new projects, through the development of new client data bases and management of their systems.
Due to continued growth and expansion of our technical software product offering Apollo have a requirement for a talented C# Software Developer to join our Technical Software team. As part of this role you would be required to assist in the development of new and existing products including web, mobile and desktop applications as well as SQL databases.
This role will be permanent, full time and based within our office located in Shardlow, between Nottingham and Derby.
General Day to day duties
• Carrying out customisation and configuration tasks
• Creating custom plugin/integration logic using C#, SQL and other applicable languages.
• Troubleshooting client support issues.
• Fixing bugs and inaccuracies within code
• Code commenting (providing instructions on the code)
• Testing of code and functionality (making sure it performs desired function)
• Interpreting end User requirements, i.e. understanding customer needs and requirements.
• Maintaining internal CRM system and website.
• Produce functional, technical and user documentation
• Involvement with Pre-sales activities
Ideally successful candidates will have the following skills and experience:
• ASP.NET MVC
Working WeekMonday-Friday 9am-5pm Out of hours work may be needed on occasion where the business requires. E.g. Go live support or on-site working.
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Articulate; excellent English skills
- Good time management
- Enthusiastic & Passionate
- Energetic and articulate with a genuine passion to make a significant contribution to Apollo’s future growth.
Future ProspectsFor the ideal candidate the opportunity to progress onto a level 4 qualification/secure a full-time job could be achieved.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)