Job DescriptionIf you are a talented individual wanting to forge a career in software development, have a genuine interest in technology, and are passionate about creating products for the future, you could be the person our client are looking for. You could be joining a dynamic team as an Apprentice developer!
Our client, Haywyre, works with a wide range of clients including a number of blue chip companies within the Midlands area. They are looking for a talented individual wanting to forge a career in software development, have a genuine interest in technology, and are passionate about creating products for the future.
The successful applicant will be part of a team responsible for:
• Development of new web applications and websites
• Development of mobile apps
• Customer support – on-site, telephone and electronically.
• Customer training
• Using computer systems to update information
• Working on various software development projects
• Using content management systems
Haywyre like new ideas, technologies and processes, so there is always an opportunity to get involved with some of the most cutting-edge technology. You can expect to work on exciting projects within an enthusiastic team in a friendly atmosphere and receive ongoing training.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9.00 am – 5.30 pm. 40 hour per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • IT skills
- • Strong communication skills
- • Basic coding skills
- • Customer service skills
- Organised, motivated and enthusiastic
- Keen to learn
- Interest in software development
- Positive person who is able to contribute ideas
Future ProspectsTo progress to level 4 and continue to develop your software developer career to become a developer for the business.
The qualification will consist of:
• Knowledge Module 1 – BCS Level 4 Diploma in Software Development Methodologies.
• Knowledge Module 2 – BCS Level 4 Diploma in Software Languages.
You will develop skills in an appropriate programming language or development technology, such as Oracle JAVA, Oracle PL/SQL or Microsoft C#.
This apprenticeship is recognised for entry onto the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA Professional Competence and those completing the apprenticeship are eligible to apply for registration.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS).