Job DescriptionAre you looking for a company that will support your growth and development in the IT sector? If so read on as, Calibrand Limited based on Pride Park in Derby are looking for a proactive individual to join their team as an Apprentice Software Developer!
The role consists of but if not limited to the following;
Developers at Calibrand have the opportunity to work on a project from its conception through to delivery, liaising with clients worldwide on exciting new projects.
There is also the opportunity to help customise and enhance one of Calibrand’s existing products, performing R&D into new technologies to provide new and improved functionality to meet their clients’ needs, as well as assisting with client support investigations of applications in a live/production environment, reporting both internally to client support personnel or interfacing directly with clients as appropriate.
Organisation and a keen eye for detail are indispensable in this environment, as are excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You should be used to working on your own initiative or within a team, to tight deadlines.
In return, Calibrand offer a competitive salary and benefits package. You will be working in a friendly team, where you will be able to build on your strengths and where your contributions will be valued.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- - Basic knowledge of CSS & HTML
- - Basic understanding of jQuery (desirable)
- - Computer literate- Microsoft office, Excel etc
- Enthusiastic & Passionate
- A Professional Self Starter
Future ProspectsFor the ideal candidate the opportunity to progress onto a level 4 qualification/secure a full-time job could be achieved.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)