Job DescriptionLooking for a career as a Software or Web Developer? Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join their team in Derby. If you want to earn whilst you learn about software & web development this is the opportunity for you!
Our client is a Microsoft Certified Partner so have excellent links with the IT in-dustry.
They are looking to expand their team by employing an apprentice to get in-volved with development tasks, whether it be Software Development or Web De-velopment.
Typical roles and responsibilities may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
• Creating new code using various different programming languages as per client specification
• Fixing bugs and inaccuracies in web or software code
• Code commenting (providing instructions on the code)
• Testing of code (making sure it performs desired function)
• Interpreting end User requirements, i.e. understanding customer needs and requirements.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- Articulate; excellent English skills
- Good time management
- Logical & Methodical
- Enthusiastic & Passionate
- A Professional Self Starter
Future ProspectsFor the ideal candidate the opportunity to progress onto a level 4 qualification/secure a full-time job could be achieved.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)