Job DescriptionYour Primary role of Apprentice IT Support Analyst will be to administrate the service desk as support tickets come in either by phone, email or ticket portal. You will provide excellent user support to internal and external customers.
|You will be expected to communicate with users and partners to effectively resolve support tickets and remain calm under pressure to reach SLA.|
As well as having strong IT support skills, you will demonstrate excellent customer service skills, with an excellent telephone manner and communication skills. You will be able to offer an element of flexibility, as some travel maybe required. You will be well organised, with excellent data entry and administrative skills. You will need to work well under pressure and enjoy being part of a team.
• Logging of all IT support tickets into Firstnet’s service management tool.
• Answering support calls in a professional manner.
• Responding to support tickets.
• Assigning and monitoring support tickets.
• Basic troubleshooting.
• Managing support tickets through its life-cycle ensuing SLA compliance.
• Liaising with vendors and third parties
• Basic install and configuration of existing and new IT equipment.
• Diagnose and resolve technical faults for hardware and software related issues.
• Planning and possibly undertaking basic scheduled maintenance work.
• Basic User Account Administration.
• Basic IT Support Skills including: MS Office, MS Windows, MS Outlook, quality data entry, administration and organisation,
• Basic telephony system administration, pickup groups, voicemail password resets, extension updates.
• Password reset advice.
• User profile configuration.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills are essential to ensure effective and efficient service delivery
• Ability to follow process
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Committed to solving problems
• Have good attention to detail
• IT literate
Personal Qualities• Open to new ideas and keen to learn
• Not afraid to ask questions
• Ready to rise to new challenges
• Enthusiastic about working in the IT sector
• Ability to work under pressure
Future ProspectsPermanent role for the right candidate
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)