Job DescriptionKeen to kick-start your career within the IT industry? Would you like to work in 1st line support? Would you like to grow your IT knowledge and gain new skills for a large IT Services provider? If so, then here is the role for you?
As an apprentice at 1plex you will be provided with the core skills to build an exciting career. We work with the latest and greatest technologies and support global companies with their cloud and unified comms solutions. Once you have mastered the basic technologies from a support perspective there will be future opportunities to be involved in projects deploying the latest audio-visual meeting room technologies to support global unified comms deployments.
Day to day the role will involve providing first line support to 1plex’s customers. This will involve telephone and email support but will involve a lot of face to face IT support at the desktop. You will support the Microsoft Office family of products including Skype for business and will also gain an understanding of Microsoft server products and cloud technologies such as Office 365. You will be responsible for routinely checking backups and capacity planning (making sure servers and cloud services has enough disk space etc). Skype for Business is used extensively for voice and video calls and you will be expected to become an expert user of this technology. On occasions, you will be expected to test video and voice quality for remote teaching where students may be located in Asia/North America etc.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not contact the employer directly as this will result in your application being rejected, all applications must go through 3aaa. Full training will be delivered as required and please note that if a suitable candidate is found the vacancy may close early.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Knowledge of Windows and Mac Operating Systems
- Competent using MS Office
- IT Literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem Solver
- Someone who is happy to ask for help but also able to think and solve problems for themselves.
- Good interpersonal skills
Future ProspectsProgression opportunities for the right candidates.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)