Job DescriptionAre you looking to work for a thriving IT business? Do you have a passion for IT hardware and networking? If so, then this is the perfect role for you! Apply Now!
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, hardworking and driven individual to work for a thriving IT business. They commemorate themselves upon their customer service skills by providing an excellent service to both small businesses and individual customers. You will have the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised qualification, the chance to work alongside experienced professionals and also make that all important first step on to the career ladder.
The successful applicant will undertake the role of:
Apprentice IT Support Engineer
The job responsibilities for the role are, but not limited to:
• Stripping down and repairing computers for laptops.
• Technical fault diagnosis.
• Installing software and carrying out upgrades.
• Testing ICT systems.
• Interactions with customers.
• Managing networks.
This role would suit a practical individual, who has a keen interest in working with computer hardware and has a desire and willingness to enhance their knowledge within this specific aspect of IT.
If you have a passion for working with computer hardware then this is the role for you!
Working WeekMonday to Friday 10-4:30
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Excellent computer skills
- • Good customer service
- • Able to work well in a team
- • Adapt to tasks and ask questions where needed
- • A problem solver
- • Has a passion for computers and technology
- • Hardworking
- • Determined
Future ProspectsThere is the potential to progress on to a Level 4 qualification upon successful completion of the 1st year apprenticeship. There is also the chance of gaining a permanent position with the employer for the right candidate who works above and beyond employer expectations.
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)