Job DescriptionWe are looking for an enthusiastic individual to deliver an effective and efficient customer focused service to all SCC clients, meeting service level agreements (SLA) and customer expectations.
Are you the right person for us?
SCC need a hard-working individual at our site in Southampton. You must be willing to listen and learn, be flexible and we will mentor and support the right individual throughout the apprenticeship.
Main Duties of the Job:
• Ensure all training is completed relevant to apprenticeship requirements.
• To replace PC’s, laptops, printers and associated peripherals.
• Assist other engineers in the delivery of service to our customers.
• Communicate with call administration and the branch throughout the day to effectively manage all call details real time and gain full understanding of the customer’s requirements.
• Complete part movements (RMA generation & physical movement) in a timely manner, returning items as directed by the Branch.
• Achieve KPI target of 5 visits / fix’s per day.
• Following the company policies and procedures as detailed in the engineering manual and corporate directory.
• Be professional and presentable at all times.
• Be able to embrace new technologies and adapt to change
• To undertake Health & Safety activities commensurate with post and/or SCC Group Health & Safety policy
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • Knowledge of PC, laptop, printer and associated peripherals operation
- • Key clients’ specific procedures
- • SCC Technical Test and Security Clearance on appointment
- • Excellent customer service skills
- • Positive attitude & willing to learn
- • Flexible
Future ProspectsMost of SCC’s apprentices progress to Level 4 IT and permanent roles on successful completion of the Level 3 apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)