Job DescriptionThe Elizabeth Higgins Group is an established and experienced company specialising in recruitment and translation for Blue Chip Clients. They are currently looking for an ambitious and focused apprentice to join their team as a 'Person-Friday' to their Managing Director. This is a rewarding role for the right individual.
The chosen candidate will be working in a professional but relaxed office with a friendly and vibrant atmosphere. Sharing the vision of a pro-active and focused team, you will be mentored and work alongside Elizabeth.
- Writing letters & emails from dictation, scanning documents and using the photocopier.
- Sorting and prioritising incoming post and electronic mail and responding accordingly
- To answer all telephone calls for the business and log all calls (time, person, company, and message). (Overflow calls dealt by other members of staff).
- To deal with general telephone enquiries appropriately (these may be confidential and sometimes urgent). To ensure that all telephone, email and personal enquiries/callers are responded to promptly and courteously, and that messages are recorded and passed on with minimum delay.
- To maintain an efficient filing and record keeping system ensuring that items are readily accessible.
- Maintaining and updating Company Client, Candidate and vendor Database records, as directed
- General office administrative duties.
Additional duties assisting the Recruitment and Languages Desk, as required:
- Screening of job vacancy advert responses as directed by senior staff.
- Preparing shortlists of suitable candidates for consultants.
- Liaising with short listed candidates to arrange internal Skype interviews and external interviews with clients.
- Covering the languages desk as required, in the Language Consultant’s absence. (Training will be given).
The company will require you to provide a high standard of customer service to clients and candidates. The role will also require you to develop excellent communication and organisation skills as you establish a professional rapport with clients, professional partners and your colleagues.
Very close to Elizabeth’s heart is the RNIB and Guide Dogs for the Blind and you will also be asked to take on active part in supporting this charity by organising the sale of items that Elizabeth has acquired, through social media sites like Gumtree and Ebay. You will be tasked with listing the items, taking relevant promotional photography and driving the sales forward.
Working WeekMonday to Friday 9am – 6pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Ability to communicate in a polished and articulate manner:
• Excellent telephone communication skills.
• Absolute accuracy in spelling / grammar for written communications.
• Absolute accuracy in numeracy for raising invoices and general checking of documents for distribution.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications.
• Ability to behave pro-actively and think “outside the box” and use initiative, at all times.
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise, recognising the need for urgency and tight deadlines, where applicable.
• Ability to mufti-task whilst maintaining strict attention to detail.
• Ability to listen well and gather essential information.
• Willingness to learn and absorb information, which can then be used independently.
Personal Qualities• Professional.
• Common sense.
• You will have a passion and commitment to develop this role.
Future ProspectsThe candidate has the opportunity to progress onto a level 4 or a permanent opportunity.
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)