Job DescriptionGreen Machine are looking for an IT Geek to join its ranks as an Apprentice IT Support Specialist. This is a diverse support role in which you will be trained and will work on different sites, supporting Businesses and Home users by doing hardware and software repairs.
• To build and upgrade PCs.
• To repair computers and other IT equipment.
• Server Support, Build and Management.
• Helpdesk and Remote Support
• Site Visits for repair and refresh projects.
• Online sales administration – stock listing and order processing.
• How to liaise with customers and visit customer sites.
• General administration duties.
Green Machine welcomes applications from ages 18 plus with an enthusiasm to learn, a commitment to the company, who want to do a good job for Green Machine customers and ideally have a full UK driving licence.
Ideally you will have five GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including maths, English and ICT.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • Have a strong passion for IT.
- • Are hardworking, motivated and have good time keeping.
- • Are able to use IT equipment and have good keyboard & mouse skills.
- • Are willing and eager to learn on the job.
- • Can communicate fluently and concisely.
- • Can troubleshoot and problem solve.
- • Can work in a team or individually.
- • Can use your own initiative and multi-task.
- • Have a good telephone manner.
- • Are friendly and enthusiastic.
- • Are trustworthy and reliable.
- • Be able to drive.
Future ProspectsTo progress on to level 4
The qualification will consist of:
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms.
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence.
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable).
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a City and Guilds L3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals and a L3 Extended Diploma in ICT (Systems & Principles).